I am really starting to see my early visions of the Internet coming together. In my mind I see an interconnected world of products and commerce, where every business has an API.
APIs finally seem to be maturing, reaching a point where they can deliver at the scale and reliability we need, to really make this happen. Three good examples of this are:
- The StructuredRetailProducts.com API - Providing to access to over 3 million individual product listings from 1700+ companies, representing total sales of over £3,382 billion and counting. Access 15+ years of product and market data across 72 different countries at the click of a button and get the latest data on sales volumes, activity levels, and market share.
- The Elastic Path Digital Commerce API - A Digital Commerce Engine™ for driving any e-commerce experience, on any device or platform, allowing companies to build compelling product experiences, leverage new business models, and extend their reach to emerging end points.
- Stripe API - A complete payment platform, that handles everything, including storing cards, subscriptions, and direct payouts to your bank account, without a merchant account or gateway.
When you look through those three APIs, you see the simplicity of REST + JSON, plus the essential building blocks to support developers, and the power and scalability you need to drive commerce in the API driven economy.
|API Evangelist, E-commerce, Economy, Payments, Products|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- Connect With Linguistics API Apicultur While They Are In San Francisco
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World