You’ve launched an API to stimulate innovation around your company's resources. Don’t stand in the way of developers innovating. Provide self-service registration for developers to gain access.
Even if an API is not meant to be public, there are plenty of ways to provide self-service access while still securing the API--such as using invitation codes or limited entry service tiers, that limit access when developers first register. Innovation around an API will occur around the clock, don’t make developers wait for access.
Another area to consider when trying to reduce friction during registration, is allowing developers to register using their existing social network accounts like Twitter, Facebook and Google. When employing this option, make sure and include Github, which is the most logical of social networks for developers to use when registering for an API--Github allows the API owner to stay in tune with the profile of a developer that is most relevant to APIs and programming, and not just their everyday social life.
Latest Blog Posts
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates
- An Open Source Code Catalog for your API
- Multi-Tenancy with WSO2 API Manager
- Ember, Angular, Backbone, Single Page Applications and APIs
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends