A labs environment for an API can be a center of innovation and inspiration for your API ecosystem. A labs environment ususally showcase experiemental and non-production projects built around your API.
Labs can showcase experiemental and research development by your internal development and business staff. Encouraging internal staff members to take time and innovate around your API ccan increase their awareness of real-llife problems faced with integrating with the API. Showcasing the best of projects by your staff can also boost moral among your staff and introduce a new set of goals to achieve in their job.
You may also considering exending Labs to your API development and partner community. You may need to review submissions and only showcase the best of breed. A community lab is a great way to encourage outside research & development, and build community within your API ecosystem.
The are many incarnations of what an API Labs could be, spend some time and take a look at what a labs at your company may look like.
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space