It was inevitable. API Evangelist now has its own API. I had a couple partners ask for more sophisticated access than provided by RSS or JSON dumps out of my platform. So I launched a handful of API endpoints, allowing you to get at information from my world.
I currently have 13 endpoints providing access to the core of my platform, in 8 key areas:
- APIs - Name, logo and description of the 2K APIs I'm activtely monitoring
- API Stack - Access to my weekly and monthly API stacks
- Analysis (Blog) - Access to my entire blog catalog
- Service Providers - Access to all API service providers I track
- Tools - A full catalog of all the API tools I've found
- Curated News - Title and links of news that I personally curate from my 2K+ feeds
- Notes - Notes I make during my daily and weekly curation
- Building Blocks - The common building blocks I've identified after looking at 2K top APIs
There is a lot more data behind my firewall that I want to open up. I do a lot of research on top APIs like Twitter and Google as well as trending areas like aggregation, backend, reciprocity and real-time service providers.
I will also be opening up API endpoints into the site traffic for apievangelist.com, apivoice.com and my other properties. And toying with opening up some collections of my personal data like calendar, projects, checkins and other aspects of my world.
Currently I’m only issuing keys to API Evangelist subscribers and partners, but let me know if you are interested in getting at any of my data. Eventually I’ll make much of it openly available, but I’m still formulating my approach, and playing with different service compositions--so things will change.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space