As the API Evangelist, I’ve made it my mission to go outside of the Silicon Valley bubble and educate the “normals” about the potential of APIs. In doing this I have conversations with a wide range of folks from new startups, to the GSA in Washington DC. One growing trend I’m seeing is the number of VC and angel investors reaching out, to have me help them understand the API space and how it applies to their investments.
I have a couple VC’s I talk to on a regular basis, but I have a growing number of new ones who are investing more and more in technology companies and need to get a grip on this API world. As a Terry Kearns from Oxford Strategic Advisors, LLC, put it yesterday:
"I wanna let you know I appreciate all the work you've done here. For a guy who is not a tech guy. You really help me out with a lot, your articles and information help me get my arms around this whole API world"
That is my mission. This is what I do. Nobody pays me to educate people like this about the APIs space, but it is so critical that the folks who are investing in the next generation of healthcare, education, manufacturing and other business sectors, understand APIs, at least at a basic level.
APIs are part of fundamental change in how we conduct business, not just in technology sector, but EVERY aspect of our government, business and even our personal lives. Let me know how I can answer questions about your existing investment portfolio or regarding business sectors you are looking to invest in.
Make sure your companies truly understand APIs, and you are making educated investments.
|Angel Investing, API Evangelist, Education, Investment, Venture capital|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates