I was checking out the updates to the AWS Reference Architecture, where they provide blueprints for how you can use AWS. In this version AWS provides an e-commerce architecture reference--providing a system overview, a detailed architectural diagram, and a list of the AWS services used in the architectural approach.
The AWS e-commerce architecture reference provides three separate areas:
- Web Frontend - This is a reference architecture for the web frontend of an e-commerce site. It makes use of Route 53, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, ElastiCache, DynamoDB and CloudSearch
- Checkout Pipeline - This is a reference architecture for a secure and highly available checkout pipeline service for an e-commerce site. It uses the Virtual Private Cloud, the Simple Workflow Service, Elastic Beanstalk, the Relational Database Service, and the Simple Email Service
- Marketing & Recommendations Service - This is a reference architecture for a marketing and recommendation service for an e-commerce site. It uses Elastic MapReduce, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, the Relational Database Service, DynamoDB, and the Simple Email Service
I will add API architecture references as a building block for API owners to consider when planning and managing an API. If you can provide clear blueprints for developers to follow, you can increase the chances developers will be successful with integration of an API into their application or systems.
|Architecture, AWS, Building Blocks, Reference, Resources|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space