Backend as a Service (BaaS), sometimes called Mobile Backend is a Service (MBaaS) is a growing trend I’m monitoring at API Evangelist. I’m tracking on 20 providers in the space, with two newly added open-source BaaS platforms.
Beyond the research, stories and analysis on BaaS, I just added a BaaS panel at the API Strategy & Practice Conference in New York City, February 21st and 22nd. The panel will include six of the leading BaaS platforms:
- Marc Weil (@marcweil) of Cloudmine
- James Tamplin (@jamestamplin) of Firebase
- Miko Matasumura (@mikojava) of Kii
- Morgan Bickle (@morganbickle) of Kinvey
- Ilya Sukhar (@ilyasu) of Parse
- Ty Amell (@tyamell) of StackMob
API play a critical role in BaaS platforms by providing interfaces for the common services emerging in the BaaS space, like object storage, user management and location, to name a few, but also bring in other 3rd party services like Twitter and Facebook.
I will be moderating this new BaaS panel at APIStrat. Let me know if there are any questions about the space, you’d like me to ask.
|BaaS, BaaS, CloudMine, Firebase, Kii, Kinvey, parse, StackMob|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space