In addition to helping people understand the history of APIs, I'm looking to help people grasp what the future holds, when it comes to APIs. So, while tracking on the API industry, I'm always on the lookout for patterns of API usage that can help me understand what might be next for the web API movement.
Based upon what I'm seeing across the space I launched a new trends section to API Evangelist, where I'm gathering news, analysis and company data in seven separate areas:
|Backend as a Service (BaaS)|
These areas reflect the patterns I'm seeing, and while some API owners or API service providers may fall into one or many of these areas, I've broken them down into, what I feel are meaningful groups that will help me explain the future of APIs to the masses. With a goal of demonstrating the value, power and importance of APIs.
If you feel there are other trends I'm missing, patterns I'm not seeing or companies that are doing cool stuff in these areas, please let me know. As with all of API Evangelist, these new sections are a work in progress--help it grow.
|Aggregation, Automation, BaaS, Interoperability, Real-Time, Scripting-Platform, trends, Voice|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space