a combination of software and services that easily and cost-effectively helps customers see more so they can do more to achieve optimized building performance and energy efficiency
To understand what Panoptix enables...imagine if all of our buildings:
- Thought for themselves
- Teach us to reduce energy consumption
- Diagnose problems in real-time
- Self correct when necessary
- Call a service provider when they need repair or tuning
Panoptix starts with a cloud-hosted platform that enables buildings to collect and manage data, along with tools for automating operations at the building and space levels providing metering for electricity, water, gas oil steam, carbon and weather--with very granular level reporting up to overall trends of energy use.
To grow Panoptix, Johnson Controls introduced a marketplace of apps combined with supporting news, information, resources and entire community dedicated to building performance and efficiency management.
This marketplace and community is driven by an API developer area, allowing anyone to sign up and get to work developing apps and start selling them in the Panoptix marketplace. The Panoptix API is free to use for anyone looking to developer one app, allowing you to collect 70% of revenue from app sales in the marketplace (an essential ingredient for developer success).
I like Johnson Controls approach to building a community around building management applications, data and resources--complete with a API driven developer area. It’s great to see a 125 year old company open up their hardware and software with such an innovative approach.
I’ll be digging further into how Johnsons Controls deployed the Panoptix API, with further entries to this blog series, and a full case study on their approach to delivering their API driven building management platform.
|Buildings, Efficiency, Energy, Environment, Green, Johnson Controls, Panoptix|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space