I call it being an evangelist, but it has other names, such as advocate or ambassador. Someone who is good at evangelism, in my opinion, starts with a love of hacking but is also having a love of helping others learn and understand technology. I can’t help being an evangelist, it’s just part of my personality.
These days, I get enough requests for evangelists, so I decided to start finding passionate hackers within specific communities to help fill requests. Some requests for evangelists are full time positions, some part time, while others involve just going to meetups and hackathons in evenings and on weekends as needed.
Currently I’m on the hunt for some passionate hacker personalities in New York, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Austin, Atlanta and Portland. If you live in these cities, are passionate about API, mobile, social and the cloud--you should consider a life of evangelism.
Even if you aren’t quite sure what an evangelist, advocate or ambassador does, feel free to reach out. Chances are you are already attending meetups, hackathons and already doing evangelism activities--you just aren’t getting paid or receiving incentives to do so.
Visit the interested in evangelism page and I can answer your questions and get you plugged in.
|Advocacy, Evangelism, Evangelist, Hackathons, Meetups|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space