I finished updating the speaker lineup for the API Strategy & Practice Conference this weekend. While we still have a couple of panels to finalize and keynotes to announce, the speaker lineup is almost final.
We have spent almost 8 weeks reaching out to leaders across the API industry, soliciting submissions for keynotes, panels and sessions. It has been a lot of fun taking all the submissions and crafting the most compelling schedule as possible.
It was really important to me that we didn’t just discuss the common areas of the API industry, like service providers, REST, etc. Not that these aren’t relevant--they are! But I wanted to make sure we discuss some areas that are critical to the space, but do not get much airtime. Topics like API design and API life-cycle methodologies.
I feel it is also critical to discuss where we are going, by covering topics like API automation, aggregation and building of programming frameworks on top of numerous APIs--trends that will allow us leap forward in how we consume and build apps on top of APIs.
In the next two weeks I will be going through our lineup in detail and talking about the various API session tracks like music, social, payments, government and education to name a few prominent session areas.
While I started getting excited about this event back in August, it is really starting to get real. I’m really psyched about how this event has come together. There will only be 250-300 people at the event, so it’s going to be a very intimate opportunity for network with these API industry leaders.
Make sure and register for the API Strategy & Practice Conference ASAP, and I look forward to seeing you there.
|API Conference, New York City|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space