The future of the World Wide Web is local. As we spend more of our lives on our mobile phones, local data and apps become critical in helping us find the restaurant for a lunch meeting, the bar where our best friends are Friday night, the local retail store to make our next purchase, and to interact with our city government to make the cities we live in a better place.
You can help shape the future of local, with the CityGrid LA Hackathon, a creative, local innovation event bringing together developers, local marketers, local advertisers and even local merchants to help build applications, data visualizations and other creative technology that helps define the future of local.
- Event Title - CityGrid LA Hackathon
- Event Location - CoLoft - 920 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Dates / Times - 4/27/2012 6:00 PM to 4/29/2012 6:00 PM
- Event Focus - Build any local web or mobile application or data visualization
The CityGrid Hackathon is meant to bring together commercial and civic hackers to build the next generation of apps we’ll use in our everyday local lives.
Prizes for the Hackathon are:
- 1st Prize - $5,000.00
- 2nd Prize - $2,500.00
- 3rd Prize - $1,000.00
Prizes are not linked to any particular API or tool, but are awarded to the most innovative approach to a mobile or web app, or visualization that is focused locally. Judging will be conducted via Twitter, so bring your Tweeps to the event and make sure they support you.
The event starts Friday night 4/27/2012 at 6PM to kick off the event and continue through Sunday 4/29/2012 with hacking completing at 3:00 PM and winners announced at 5:00 PM. Food and drink will be provided throughout the weekend, so come hack (even if you are not a developer), and help make our cities a better place to live!
The CityGrid LA hackathon is the first of 9 local hackathons in different cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Austin. If you’d like to be a sponsors, attendee or would like to help organize a CityGrid hackathon in your city, contact us:
- Contact - Kin Lane
- Phone - (541) 357-9073
- Email - email@example.com
- Twitter - @citygridapiteam
- Hashtag - #citygridhackathonLA
- Registration - Register Now!
|California, City, CityGrid, Civic, Coloft, Developer, Hack Day, Hackathon, Los Angeles, Santa Monica|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space