I’m always looking for new, relevant ideas to write blog posts on for the CityGrid Developer blog. I have several topics I write about regularly including new projects I’m working on, new releases around the API, and what I find during my local, mobile and social landscape analysis.
However it can be hard to find topics to write about that are relevant to CityGrid developers, or publishers as we call them. To help write blog posts that are useful to my API community I started harvesting ideas and topics from actual forum posts from developers.
Earlier today a publisher submitted a forum post stating their concerns about the age of some of the reviews they get along with businesses, when making requests against the CityGrid Places API. It was an easy question to answer, since CityGrid also provides a business reviews API, that will give you more control how you can pull reviews for a zip code, neighborhood or specific business.
Using the topic that was posted on the forum I was easily able to create a quick blog post framing the question and providing a detailed answer explaining how the CityGrid Reviews API provides a solution.
Now CityGrid publishers can potentially be exposed to this solution via the blog, RSS feed and since I actively syndicate my blog posts, they will see it if they follow CityGrid on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and also using a search engine.
When evangelizing for an API, I feel it is important to try and provide as helpful content as you can via an active blog presence, while also reverberating it across the multitude of channels your developers might be listening on--turning relevant forum posts into stories is a great way to do this.
|API Evangelist, Blog, Blogging, CityGrid, Developer, Evangelism, Forum, Publisher|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- Connect With Linguistics API Apicultur While They Are In San Francisco
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World