I’m always looking for new, relevant ideas to write blog posts on for the CityGrid Developer blog. I have several topics I write about regularly including new projects I’m working on, new releases around the API, and what I find during my local, mobile and social landscape analysis.
However it can be hard to find topics to write about that are relevant to CityGrid developers, or publishers as we call them. To help write blog posts that are useful to my API community I started harvesting ideas and topics from actual forum posts from developers.
Earlier today a publisher submitted a forum post stating their concerns about the age of some of the reviews they get along with businesses, when making requests against the CityGrid Places API. It was an easy question to answer, since CityGrid also provides a business reviews API, that will give you more control how you can pull reviews for a zip code, neighborhood or specific business.
Using the topic that was posted on the forum I was easily able to create a quick blog post framing the question and providing a detailed answer explaining how the CityGrid Reviews API provides a solution.
Now CityGrid publishers can potentially be exposed to this solution via the blog, RSS feed and since I actively syndicate my blog posts, they will see it if they follow CityGrid on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and also using a search engine.
When evangelizing for an API, I feel it is important to try and provide as helpful content as you can via an active blog presence, while also reverberating it across the multitude of channels your developers might be listening on--turning relevant forum posts into stories is a great way to do this.
|Blog, Blogging, CityGrid, Developer, Evangelism, Forum, Publisher|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space