Garrett Wilkin (@garrettwilkin) has been working with complex, high-performance, financial software systems for more than 6 years. During this time he has learned to analyze and understand large software applications with dozens of concurrent processes. He’s accustomed to complexity and excels at translating technical issues into higher level concepts for non-technical audiences.
He feels passionately about the opportunities for collaboration and innovation that are being produced through the API trend of recent years. He recently attended and participated in the hacking at Music Hack Day in Boston. Having been inspired by the electric, creative energy at this event, he’s seeking further engagement with the wider hacking community.
As a writer for ProgrammableWeb since March 2011 Garrett has written more than 100 articles on APIs and the strategies behind them. Because of their shared passion for creativity and innovation, he enjoys engaging the technical and business leadership from these companies in discussing their niche in the API space.
His latest web technology project seeks to use Twilio to bridge the technology gap in rural communities where many people lack familiarity with or access to the web. Seeing value in the wisdom and cultural perspectives of these people who do not participate in our digital age, he hopes to use the old fashioned phone to facilitate their involvement.
|API Evangelist, Garrett Willkin, ProgrammableWeb|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space